International Women’s Day
Please note the event will take place in Montreal.
What better way to celebrate International Women’s Day than attending an event by Women in Governance?
We are pleased to invite you to our cocktail on March 8, 2023 as of 5:30 p.m. at the Ritz-Carlton, Montreal. Join us as we celebrate the 13th anniversary of Women in Governance (WiG) and proudly unveil the new cohort of Parity certified organizations.
This event is a unique opportunity to network among the Montreal business community. Several prominent corporate, political, and diplomatic figures have confirmed their attendance, including:
– Chloe Adams, Consul General of the United Kingdom
– Ana Escrogima, Consul General of the United States
– Jun Saito, Consul General of Japan
– Kahsennenhawe Sky-Deer, first woman to be elected Grand Chief of the Mohawk Council of Kahnawà:ke
– Pascale Déry, Quebec Minister of Higher Education
– Brigitte B. Garceau, Quebec Official Opposition Critic for the Status of Women
– Doreen Assaad, Mayor of the Ville de Brossard
– Martine Musau Muele, first black woman to chair Montreal’s City Council
Each participant will have the chance to win:
– Three boxes of 4 skincare products worth $375 each, courtesy of Magda Frederik. You’ll enjoy innovative and authentic products that repair, moisturize, nourish and rejuvenate the skin!
– A $500 care basket, courtesy of Dr. Hauschka. A nice way to take care of yourself and the planet with their 100% natural products. Dr. Hauschka will also be donating 10% of the online sales made on March 8 to our organization!
– A Tea Experience for 4, courtesy of the Ritz-Carlton, Montreal. What a great opportunity to escape winter in their glamorous Palm Court, while enjoying the most coveted afternoon tea in the city!
– A pair of round-trip tickets to any destination in the world, courtesy of Air Canada, a loyal annual partner of WiG. You’ve always wanted to discover Delhi, Paris, Rio, Sydney, Tokyo…? You could choose over 200 destinations on 6 continents!
Want to increase your chances of winning these enticing prizes?Share the event in your network! During the draw, your name will appear as many times as the number of tickets you have purchased and/or the number of people you have referred.
Registration is mandatory. Hurry, seats are limited!
Participants will receive instructions to access the event by email before March 8. Note that there will be no refunds 7 days before the event, but you may transfer your ticket to another person; please let us know.
How to get there?
The Ritz-Carlton, Montreal is located in the heart of downtown at 1228 Sherbrooke Street West. Please note that access to the hotel’s valet parking ($) is limited to 25 spots: first come, first served. To facilitate your arrival and departure, we encourage you to walk, take public transportation, a taxi, or park near the hotel.
Interested in sponsoring this event?
We encourage organizations to show their support for gender parity!
Download the Sponsorship Booklet (in French only)
About our Parity Certification
The alarming statistics on the number of women in senior management positions or on Boards are what motivated the founding of Women in Governance (WiG) in 2010. The mission of our non-profit organization is to support women in their career advancement and leadership development; with our Parity Certification, we also support organizations working to close the gender gap in the workplace while accounting for the multiple impacts of diversity in women’s career advancement. Created in 2017 with the pro bono support of McKinsey & Company, this valuable tool helps organizations assess what their current status is as it relates to gender equity, diversity, and inclusion. With the support of Accenture, Mercer, and WTW, WiG provides a comprehensive analysis of strengths and opportunities to close the gender gap and become a more inclusive workplace, giving particular attention to intersectionality. So far, 700,000 employees across Canada and the United States work for an organization that holds Women in Governance Parity Certification, and the program is now about to expand over the Atlantic. Visit our Parity Certification microsite to learn more!